Did the rise of remote work and the Covid pandemic set you on the hunt for the right Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for your company? EAPs are getting more attention and scrutiny because they have never been more vital. An effective EAP takes care of your most valuable assets – your employees. Happy, healthy employees are more productive employees. The opportunity cost of not providing this type of assistance can be a financial drain on your company.
Cumulatively US companies lose over $100 billion each year due to the lack of assistance that EAPs provide.
What are EAPs?
Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) are voluntary, work-based programs that offer free and confidential assessments, short-term counseling, referrals and follow-up services to employees experiencing personal or work-related problems.
Benefits of EAPs?
EAPs offer both you and your employees benefits that positively impact your bottom line and the overall wellbeing of your company.
- Lowers health care costs
- Boosts engagement levels
- Reduces employee turnover
- Increases employee productivity
- Decreases absenteeism
- Shrinks workers’ compensation and disability-related costs
- Minimizes injuries
- Improves employee morale and loyalty
Types of Programs?
EAPs can offer a broad range of services to help employees and their families. We work with you to customize your EAPs to meet your needs. Assistance can be in various forms:
- Mental health coaching
- Medication management
- Work-life balance coaching
- Leadership coaching
- Eldercare, childcare, parenting difficulties
- Substance abuse
- Separation and loss support
- Improving work relationships
- Critical incident support
Essential Features of EAPs?
Supporting your employees is always a crucial part of building company culture. Employees value these features of an ideal EAP:
- Accessibility– EAPs can be accessed online, where employees can log in and access various podcasts, videos, and interactive programs according to their needs.
- Availability– These programs are available to employees 24×7 and their immediate family members. Employees can talk with experts through texts, emails, video calls and get help whenever they want.
- Confidentiality– One of the most critical elements of these programs is privacy. Confidentiality increases the credibility of the program, and employees are more driven towards using such programs.
Employee Assistance Programs are available for any business size, and we can customize these crucial programs to meet your needs.