Group health insurance delivers triple the advantages that you would typically expect. Let’s take a look.
1. Group health insurance provides financial protection
Group Health insurance entitles you to discounted rates for medical care via pre-negotiate rates with healthcare providers. Without coverage, the fees you and your employees will pay will be significantly higher.
The cost of a primary care visit without insurance generally ranges from $150-$300 for a basic visit across major cities in the United States. There are additional charges for additional services, such as childhood and adult immunizations, lab testing, or prescriptions.
Alternatively, if you have group insurance, most preventative care at in-network providers is covered even before meeting your deductible. You may be required to pay a copay for your primary care visit, which usually ranges between $15 to $25, depending on the type of health plan and your in-network provider.
Even if your health plan requires you to pay certain costs out of pocket, being covered can help save you from bankruptcy in case of injury or hospitalization because it shields you from unexpected medical expenses.
2. Group health insurance provides healthier outcomes
- It improves access to quality care via a network of healthcare providers. Quality of care is the degree to which health services increase the likelihood of positive health outcomes.
- It provides access to critical care with treatment for medical emergencies and chronic conditions.
Over 5 million patients are admitted annually to U.S. ICUs for intensive, invasive, life-threatening medical problems. During Covid, some people believed ICUs were just for the elderly and previously ill people. However, the actual population of ICU patients is heterogeneous, and they all share the need for frequent assessment and a greater need for technological support than patients admitted to non-ICU beds.
- It encourages a healthier lifestyle. The health insurers encourage policyholders to exercise regularly, consume healthy foods, and do preventive health check-ups. Thus, policyholders are more likely to stay healthy, lowering healthcare costs.
3. Group health insurance protects your business
- It keeps your business up and running. Unexpected personal medical expenses can impede your ability to run your business. Health insurance can help keep your business afloat by limiting your liability for medical costs. In addition, your healthy team is available to continue productively working day-to-day.
- It helps you hire and retain the best workers. Employer-sponsored group health insurance coverage, is a valuable element in a total compensation package. High-quality workers expect their employees to provide a group health plan.
The Value of PT Business Solutions
Today, people are valuing value health care more than ever. At PT Business Solutions, we use a client-centric approach which means our entire staff is dedicated to providing you and your team with superior options and services.